The Boob Ride Orange County
Saturday, April 29th, 2023. New Destination - Encinitas!
The Boob Ride is always a lot of fun. Coastal scenery, good friends, a challenging ride (or be casual about it), capped off with a big Last Mile Party, and then catch the charter bus home.
- The event is capped at 300. We are trying to keep our event intimate and manage all the logistics. So, you'd better get signed up ASAP.
- Transportation back to OC is still in the planning stages. We are looking for a sponsor for the charter buses. We are also looking for a great charter bus company that will help us on cost.
- New destination for the party is Piña's in Encinitas. Location is 345 S Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024. This means all the routes have changed.
- The buffet will be available at the Last Mile Party. Contact us if you would like to sponsor the buffet.
- The official course includes a small segment on I-5. Those that rode the freeway last year liked it. They said the cars were not moving at all (go figure, the 5 is backup on a Saturday) and it was no problem to pass all the cars. Camp Pendleton has restricted base access. You need to a base pass to ride through the base. Details are here on how to ride the freeway or get a base pass.
We are always looking for volunteers that want to have a lot of fun for a good cause. Click here to volunteer.
If you haven't done The Boob Ride before, here are some highlights and FAQs
- NEW for 2023 - The destination and Last Mile Party is Pinas in Encinitas located at 345 S Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024
- Ride starts in Irvine, CA at the Irvine Amtrak Station (15215 Barranca Parkway)
- The Last Mile Party is a big post ride party where we raffle off great prizes and give out fun awards.
- You can drop off a bag with a change of clothes and a padded blanket for your bike at the start. We will transport them to Encinitas for you.
- The Boob Ride provides trucks that bring all the bikes back while the riders take the charter buses home.
- We have chartered very nice buses for the return trip to Irvine.
- Riders will need to bring money to buy lunch and raffle tickets at the event.
Routes, Schedules, and so Forth
- A-Cup is only available at the San Diego event, which starts in Encinitas on the same day at 9:00 AM. Here are the details for that event.
- B-Cup is a U-turn route. This route is designed for those that want to support the cause and do some of the ride with their friends. You can start with the D or C groups, ride as far as you want to, and turn around as you see fit. Some would say that this is the perfect size, not too small and not too big. Just right! However, you will miss the famous post ride party.
- Suggested route is here, but you can go further or turn around sooner.
- Start is 8:00 am or sooner
- C-Cup is a 60 mile ride directly to Encinitas. The route has changed due to the new destination. Please download to your bike computer. There will be route slips, but there will NOT be route arrows put down.
- Route map is here.
- Group start is 7:30 am, but you can start sooner.
- D-Cup is a 90 mile ride through the Elfin Forest and Rancho Sante Fe. This is a very scenic, but a very hilly and challenging route. Make sure you have the legs and lungs for before you take on this one. Just in case you change your mind, you can stay on PCH at Palomar Airport Road and finish with the C-Group. DO NOT sign up for this route unless you can average better than 16 mph, handle 4,500 feet of climbing, and have less than 1 hour of stoppage time. The buses and trucks will be gone if you come in after 2:15. GONE!
- The route has changed due to the new destination. Please download to your bike computer. There will be route slips, but there will NOT be route arrows put down.
- Route map is here
- Start is 7:00 am
- All routes (except the B-cup) finish at the Encinitas park and ride, located at 483S N Vulcan Ave, Encinitas, CA 92024
- Be in by 12:45 or you'll miss the famous awards ceremony.