The Boob Ride Orange County
Saturday, April 20, 2024
The Boob Ride is always a lot of fun. Coastal scenery, good friends, a challenging ride (or be casual about it), capped off with a big Last Mile Party, and then catch the charter bus home.
- The event is capped at 300. We are trying to keep our event intimate and manage all the logistics. So, you'd better get signed up ASAP.
- Transportation back to OC is through a charter bus. We are looking for a sponsor for the charter buses, as well as a great charter bus company that will help us on cost.
- Destination for the party is Piña in Encinitas. Location is 345 S Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024.
- Lunch: There will be buffet at the Last Mile Party for purchase. Contact us if you would like to sponsor the buffet.
- The official course includes a small segment on I-5. Those that have ridden the freeway liked it. They said the cars were not moving at all (go figure -- the 5 backed up on a Saturday?!) and it was no problem to pass all the cars. Cyclists can ride through Camp Pendleton if they have a base pass. Details are here on how to ride the freeway or get a base pass.
We are always looking for volunteers that want to have a lot of fun for a good cause. Click here to volunteer.
If you haven't done The Boob Ride before, here are some highlights and FAQs
- The destination and Last Mile Party is at Piña, located at 345 S Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024
- Ride starts at the Irvine Amtrak Station (15215 Barranca Parkway, Irvine)
- The Last Mile Party is a big post ride party where we raffle off great prizes and give out fun awards.
- You can drop off a bag with a change of clothes and a padded blanket for your bike at the start. We will transport them to Encinitas for you.
- The Boob Ride provides trucks that bring all the bikes back while the riders take the charter buses home.
- We have chartered a very nice bus for the return trip to Irvine. - If the bus sells out, then overflow attendees will need to get a ticket on the Coaster train to Oceanside and change to the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner to Irvine.
- Riders will need to bring money to buy lunch and raffle tickets at the event (lunch is not included in the ticket price).
Routes, Schedules, and so Forth
- A-Cup is only available at the San Diego event, which starts in Encinitas on the same day at 9:00 AM. Here are the details for that event.
- B-Cup is a U-turn route. This route is designed for those that want to support the cause and do some of the ride with their friends. You can start with the D or C groups, ride as far as you want to, and turn around as you see fit. Some would say that this is the perfect size, not too small and not too big. Just right! However, you will miss the famous Last Mile Party.
- Suggested route is here, but you can go further or turn around sooner.
- Start is 7:30 am or sooner
- C-Cup is a 60 mile ride directly to Encinitas.
- Route map is here.
- Group start is 7:30 am, but you can start sooner.
- D-Cup is a 90 mile ride through the Elfin Forest and Rancho Santa Fe. This is a very scenic, but a very hilly and challenging route. Make sure you have the legs and lungs for before you take on this one. Just in case you change your mind, you can stay on PCH at Palomar Airport Road and finish with the C-Group. DO NOT sign up for this route unless you can average better than 16 mph, handle 4,500 feet of climbing, and have less than 1 hour of stoppage time. The buses and trucks will be gone if you come in after 2:15. GONE!
- Route map is here
- Start is 7:00 am
- All routes (except the B-cup) finish at the Encinitas park and ride, located at 483 S Vulcan Ave, Encinitas, CA 92024
- Be in by 12:45 or you'll miss the famous awards ceremony.